The RampTrol is a microprocessor-based ramping control that provides four-file/24-step program capability or easy-to-use non-ramping set-point operation
The RampTrol is a microprocessor-based ramping control that provides four-file/24-step program capability or easy-to-use non-ramping set-point operation. The ramping operations include four files with six steps in each file. Programming options include ramp-rate or time-based profiles, guaranteed soak deviation, program looping and program status selection after power outage.
The files may be linked to create a single, 24-step program. The auto-tuning function allows automatic setting of control parameters with a minimum of user input required. User-friendly features include automatic LED indicators to aid in monitoring a setup, as well as dual LED displays for process (red) and set-point (green) indication. The ramping control automatically sets the PID parameters through a "learning" sequence in the auto-tuning mode. PID parameters include proportional band, reset/integral and rate/derivative.
The primary analog input is a type J thermocouple. The back panel features a 9-pin serial port for communication between the control and a PC. A secondary output is also available for cooling, along with a 4-20ma retransmit output for temperature recording and an RTD input. All information is installed in a non-volatile memory.
- Control Mode: Single output. Optional retransmit of set point or process variable. Four-file/24-step ramping or non-ramping set-point control. Ramp rate or time-based programming. Selectable control status following power loss.
- Operator Interface: Dual, four-digit, LED displays: upper, 0.4 inch (10 mm); lower: 0.3 inch (8mm). Mode, Hold/Run, Display, Up and Down keys.
- Primary Output: 15 amps, 120VAC.
- Power: 120VAC, 50-60 Hz+/- 15%, 16VA maximum.
- Accuracy: 0.1% of span, temperature stability +/- 0.2°F/°F change in ambient.
- Input: Factory set for type J thermocouple: grounded or ungrounded.
Glas-Col Apparatus Co., 711 Hulman St., P.O. Box 2128, Terre Haute, IN 47802. Tel: 812-235-6167; Fax: 812-234-3121.