Festo, a manufacturing and processing automation supplier, has opened its first North American Festo Experience Center in the heart of Silicon Valley.
The 5,000 square-foot Festo Experience Center, Santa Clara, features a demonstration hall where augmented reality devices allow visitors to virtually experience manufacturing and processing systems utilized in such industries as semiconductors and electronics, solar and flat panel, assembly and test, medical technology, pharma, biopharma , laboratory automation, food & packaging and process automation. Rotating exhibits showcase active and static displays of the latest automated manufacturing and processing solutions. Plans call for demonstrations of:
- Modular and reconfigurable systems conforming to the concepts of Industry 4.0 – the fourth industrial revolution
- Cyber-physical devices that change functionality based on downloadable apps
- Predictive analytics relying on smart-sensors, Big Data concepts, and connectivity to the cloud to alert teams to system failures before failures occur
- Cloud-based dashboards and data analytics facilitating overall equipment/process effectiveness
- Solutions for energy efficiency in manufacturing and processing
- Frictionless transport through high temperature superconductors
The Experience Center also features a laboratory for focused customer solutions and training and meeting areas.
Festo is a manufacturer of pneumatic and electromechanical systems, components, and controls for process and industrial automation. Other Festo Experience Centers are in Delft, The Netherlands; Bangalore, India; and Shanghai, China.